Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    President of Leafre

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    IGN
    Lthuriel
    Level
    17x
    Class
    Knight of Light
    World
    Culverin
    The Nice List
Gift received at 12-21-2012, 01:40 AM from Tim
Message: hi bbyCelebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco

    Looking for a true artist

    I'd like somebody to draw me a self portrait. Be it pencil, pen, GFX, w/e it is you do. I'll give you my picture privately because I prefer to keep my internet identity and my true identity seperate. It is a picture form awhile back when my girlfriend first met me (just warning you now)

    The reason I'd like it drawn is because she just informed me she would be moving away, and she wants something to remember me by. I'm giving her a very meaningful gift, but I'd also like to give her a replica of this photo because she always told me she loved it.

    Let me know if any of you are interested! :)

  2. #2
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    IGN
    Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    That's not a self-portrait if you don't do it yourself, also why not get her a momento or just scan the photo and give her the real one?
    His tongue was growing hair and his throat was raw, but his cock was as hard as an iron bar.
    ރ" -WolfRaven
    I did it for the cards.
    Please Visit My Blog

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    365
    IGN
    ROFLHAX
    Level
    201
    Class
    aaa
    World
    Culverin
    its not meaningful then

    what the hell do u think, everyone in the world draws their own portrait?

  4. #4
    President of Leafre

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    IGN
    Lthuriel
    Level
    17x
    Class
    Knight of Light
    World
    Culverin
    The Nice List
Gift received at 12-21-2012, 01:40 AM from Tim
Message: hi bbyCelebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    Sorry for the wording then. I'd like a fricken piece of art based on a photo, alright? No more stupid comments and someone be seirous. Thank you Mario for telling him off.

  5. #5
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    IGN
    Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    its not meaningful then

    what the hell do u think, everyone in the world draws their own portrait?
    If it's a self-portrait, then yes.

    And it's not meaningful if you get someone else to draw a picture of a photo. Like I said, just scan the photo and give her the real copy.
    His tongue was growing hair and his throat was raw, but his cock was as hard as an iron bar.
    ރ" -WolfRaven
    I did it for the cards.
    Please Visit My Blog

  6. #6
    President of Leafre

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    IGN
    Lthuriel
    Level
    17x
    Class
    Knight of Light
    World
    Culverin
    The Nice List
Gift received at 12-21-2012, 01:40 AM from Tim
Message: hi bbyCelebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRaven View Post
    If it's a self-portrait, then yes.

    And it's not meaningful if you get someone else to draw a picture of a photo. Like I said, just scan the photo and give her the real copy.
    I've already corrected myself. Plus she already has the hoot. I wanted to give her something more meani ful, more memorable. I am not a good artist. It's jut as memorable if somebody else drew it for her. Now quit posting on my thread if you have nothing helpful to say or do.

  7. #7
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    IGN
    Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    You do realize everything I've posted in this thread has been aimed to helping you realize your mistake. If you fail to see that a gift is something that should be something that has meaning, not something that you asked someone to make for you, unless it has a memory with it.

    To me, memorable is something that has meaning, or a memory. A picture is memorable because it was a time and place that can be remembered. A portrait of a photo would have meaning if the person had drawn it themselves because they worked on it with their blood, sweat, and tears. If they asked someone else to do it and I wasn't there for that memory, then it means absolutely nothing and is just a fragment of a memory which is like you giving me a McDonalds gift card because we went to McDonalds a lot. Sure, I can remember all the good times, but it really doesn't have much meaning.

    A gift should be something that has drawn you two together and will keep you two tied in some form or way, metaphorically speaking. A trinket is a gift because it usually symbolizes something. If I had a lot of memories with a girl or guy and we went to the beach often, I wouldn't just give them a trinket of a cat to remember me (unless I loved cats and let them know it often). I would get that person a necklace of a seashell or a sharktooth or something along those lines, because of what we did and where we experienced our memories.

    Back to my original point, you know she likes the photograph and so instead of giving her the photograph, you're keeping it and getting someone to draw it, which ruins the whole purpose. If you really like the photograph, you can find something else to give her. As I said in previous posts, a possible solution would be to copy it and YOU keep the copy while she gets the original, that way you're both happy. Unless, of course, that photograph means more to you than she does. But who am I to know how you feel.
    His tongue was growing hair and his throat was raw, but his cock was as hard as an iron bar.
    ރ" -WolfRaven
    I did it for the cards.
    Please Visit My Blog

  8. #8
    President of Leafre

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    IGN
    Lthuriel
    Level
    17x
    Class
    Knight of Light
    World
    Culverin
    The Nice List
Gift received at 12-21-2012, 01:40 AM from Tim
Message: hi bbyCelebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRaven View Post
    You do realize everything I've posted in this thread has been aimed to helping you realize your mistake. If you fail to see that a gift is something that should be something that has meaning, not something that you asked someone to make for you, unless it has a memory with it.

    To me, memorable is something that has meaning, or a memory. A picture is memorable because it was a time and place that can be remembered. A portrait of a photo would have meaning if the person had drawn it themselves because they worked on it with their blood, sweat, and tears. If they asked someone else to do it and I wasn't there for that memory, then it means absolutely nothing and is just a fragment of a memory which is like you giving me a McDonalds gift card because we went to McDonalds a lot. Sure, I can remember all the good times, but it really doesn't have much meaning.

    A gift should be something that has drawn you two together and will keep you two tied in some form or way, metaphorically speaking. A trinket is a gift because it usually symbolizes something. If I had a lot of memories with a girl or guy and we went to the beach often, I wouldn't just give them a trinket of a cat to remember me (unless I loved cats and let them know it often). I would get that person a necklace of a seashell or a sharktooth or something along those lines, because of what we did and where we experienced our memories.

    Back to my original point, you know she likes the photograph and so instead of giving her the photograph, you're keeping it and getting someone to draw it, which ruins the whole purpose. If you really like the photograph, you can find something else to give her. As I said in previous posts, a possible solution would be to copy it and YOU keep the copy while she gets the original, that way you're both happy. Unless, of course, that photograph means more to you than she does. But who am I to know how you feel.
    Buddy. She already has the photo. I already stated that I was getting her a trinket of sorts. I'm fucking upset hat she's leaving and at this point it sounds to me like you accusi me of not loving her. I feel that a sketch of some sorts of the photograph is much more memorable. She already has the photo. Is jr less meaningful that you watched a movie with somebody but you didn't create it? That's where I'm coming from here. It's just something else that we can share. She is a great artist and I already have a sketch thatshe made of herself. I want to give her t in return. Does it make it less meanogful to give her a diamond that somebody else carved for me? I love my fickin girlfriend and now that she's leaving I really want her to remember me as beig somebody who acknowledges hints that sea done for me in the past. She's moving to europe. Why can't you jut be like a caring person like @David instead o questionin how deep I am. Please don't reply to this post. All youre doing is pissing me of because you don't seem to read anything I write at all.

  9. #9
    Dual gunner



    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    917
    IGN
    Soralic
    Level
    130
    Class
    Angelic Burster
    World
    Culverin
    Okay, so i'm saying i would love to make a drawing for you, but i'm not really that skilled. and @ What you guys are debating on, i read the whole debate and i'd say that i stand in a NEUTRAL section of this debate, Both of what @Nickk said, and @WolfRaven said are true. But @WolfRaven , you see, just because nick may have not made the pic himself does it not mean anything to his girlfriend? I mean, sure it's nice to recieve a gift made from your significant other yourself, but i know that when it comes to being with someone, it doesn't matter what you give to her since it's coming from YOU, her love. Since the most special memorable part of the gift is the fact that it came from YOU yourself. I mean i know this from being in a relationship myself that has lasted for a long time. I gave my girlfriend a 10$ gift card on our ANNIVERSARY to gamestop, and she fucking loved it so much. It meant so much to her, when to me it was me trying not to use too much money since i don't really have that much money but i do have enough to get her more. So just because it was drawn by someone else it doesn't make it less meaningful or memorable. And now this goes to you @Nickk , Wolf is just saying when you make it yourself that maybe your girlfriend would love it more than something made by someone else, because it came from YOU yourself and you spent your time trying to make it perfect and the best and everything for her to hope to god that she loves it. And my opinion is that she would definitely love it, no matter how crappy or good it may be because you spent your time trying to make it the best it could ever BE for her, hell i think that would mean more than anything to her. No one is right or wrong in this debate and i don't think wolf was saying you don't love her, I think wolf was just saying that you should try to make it yourself because that could possibly be MORE memorable than someone else drawing it. Either way both things are memorable in their own way. you both have truth to what you say. But it's really up to nick what he wants to do with it. And it's his own way of expressing how it could be memorable.
    Last edited by Sora; 02-29-2012 at 05:39 PM.
    Credits to Sai for the hair. Sai from maplemation :D
    Click on my signature picture! :D
    Soraz256 - Active. Level: 112 Soralic - Active: Level 130
    SoraKai - Active Level: 104

  10. #10
    President of Leafre

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,118
    IGN
    Lthuriel
    Level
    17x
    Class
    Knight of Light
    World
    Culverin
    The Nice List
Gift received at 12-21-2012, 01:40 AM from Tim
Message: hi bbyCelebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    @Sora I understand where he's coming from it just seemed like I was repeating myself to him. That's all. If you'd really like to try then pm me, or grab the photo from the real life picture thread

 

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •