Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21
    Slime
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11
    World
    Culverin
    uhm why the anger, he just wanted to express himself, he has probs like everynone here, and i support his idea of writing it down so he can somehow liberate that stress that may be bothering him.

  2. #22
    Manon
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    173
    World
    Luna
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone View Post
    That is an asinine statement, wisdom comes with age.
    Age and experience go hand in hand, as you get older you experience things.
    But you cant say that a person is wise just through experience alone, a 10 year old might have more experience in something then a 30 year old, does that make the 10 year old wiser then the 30 year old?

    Ohh and experience has nothing to do with ranting about anything that goes wrong, which is what @Eclipser was getting at.
    @Lone you know that we will always have opposite opinions right ?
    You misunderstood me in this situation we have @제프 Chong who is 16 and @Eclipser who is 17
    Having approximately the same age doesn't mean they have the same "wisdom"( not trying to offence any one you you guys)
    Plus not all the "adults" are mature
    Lets take a 12 young girl who lives in a place destroid by wars and she has a baby (at 12)
    Doesn't this make her wiser then an average 12 young girl ?
    Last edited by Devilico; 05-27-2014 at 10:53 AM.

  3. #23
    Red Snail
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8
    World
    Culverin
    Quote Originally Posted by 제프 Chong View Post
    yay back again.
    Well this time it's about I and my roommate.
    My roommate's some guy from Malaysia and not China, so we have no difficulty communicating with each other. From the start of the year, we were quite close, every now and then we would talk to each other about homework, school, and ask for each other's help when we have problems.

    But he has this nasty habit of being sarcastic and hurtful, which is kinda childish from my point of view. By that I mean he uses really harsh words to talk bad about someone. Like in Chinese class where his class and mine combine, he would call me a Malay and shorty which is fine by me because I've been called that countless times and it doesn't matter to me so it's not the cause of our conflict (which I'll elaborate on later). I'd just laugh it off and maybe giving the finger, but he doesn't take offence to that. But not everyone is as tolerant as me. Our fellow Malaysian who's a girl, sits behind him in class, and he always insults her by quoting how bad her results are, which to her is offensive (because she told me so). Other times, he would insult a guy in the class who is very annoying but couldn't help it because he has ADHD and autism by saying how he doesn't use his brain when talking and whatnot. Also there's this China scholar who is quite fat (I'm speaking the truth, I don't judge about it anyway) and he would keep on talking about how she has moving difficulties whenever she's late for something, good thing she doesn't know what he's talking about otherwise we would have a rampage. And after I got elected to be the Level Head, he was talking about how stupid the class council is to pick someone so short to be Level Head. I mean, how does my height have to do with this? It's not like I wanted it, they chose it for me, do I look like I have a choice? Oh and there's one time where my class, 3B, got the best class, and he insulted us by saying we are 3Bastards. That's kinda rude, not to me, but to my classmates. And when he saw my exam results he was, I'd say, dumbfounded, and he even started a gang to kinda boycott me or something. I mean this is expected of us, right? What's the point of taking revenge just because you didn't get as good results? I didn't even do anything.

    Also another one of his bad habits is his ego. By that I mean he has the kind of "I have my pride and I'm not going to do something humiliating" ego. For example during our orientation he would keep on scoffing and groaning his way because it's retarded to him. And you'd expect him to be friendly when you first meet him, right? No. When I first met him and waved to him, he didn't even give me a look and just turned his head. I don't mind that, though. But in class he's quite the attention-seeker by always talking about Malaysia this, Malaysia that, and sometimes even speaking Malay in the middle of the class. Now that's inconsiderate because 80% of the classmates don't understand Malay and when you talk in a language they don't know, trust me, they might get offended. I mean, it's a new country, with a new culture and new rules, you can't just barge into someone else's territory and boast about your hometown. Do you see immigrants boasting about their hometown in their new country? No. In fact, they suit themselves into the new environment and integrate into society.

    Now it's been 4 months, things were going pretty well, until I commented something. Someone was talking about how pressuring it is studying in Singapore, and for some reason the conversation spun off into talking about Malaysia. After seeing this I commented "So patriotic then go back Malaysia." and that pissed him off, real bad. He even told our teacher mentor about this and I had to explain the rationale behind it. My reason was that you are in a new country, with a new culture and new people, you're not in Malaysia. So get used to the new environment. If you like your home culture so badly then go home, no one's stopping you. The teacher accepted my reason saying it was considerate of the other scholars and students, and he himself admitted he was wrong. But after that things seem to have gotten tense. He stopped talking to me and it would be utter silence in the room, unless it was for something necessary. Other times he would just go to someone else's room and stay there probably for the whole day, and he wouldn't invite me for badminton or anything. Usually I'm all alone in my room. I don't know if he's pissed off or just afraid to talk to me, he's hard to read. But I figured that this might last for some time, and this is going to be unhealthy for both of us. I don't wanna apologise out of the blue, because it might seem kinda weird and awkward and I might just piss him off again by reminding him of the incident.

    So...yeah I need some advice on how to solve the conflict. I figure it will be disadvantageous for both of us to have a cold war, but in some way I need him to see his flaws to prevent future conflict from me or from others...help would be appreciated.
    Now.. I don't know you, but I'll base my opinion on what I just read... So basically you're trying way too hard on becoming what you guys once were in the beginning. Now to explain what I mean, I'll give an example. You're acting like an ex boyfriend/girlfriend who won't give up on the relationship and keeps on trying. Also you seem to depend on him alot, Do you not have any other friends? You sound like you need him in your life or something. If he doesn't wanna be around you, so be it. Don't keep pushing because you're just provoking him. Treat him like a snake, If you get close he'll attack, so take a different approach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Devilico View Post
    @Lone you know that we will always have opposite opinions right ?
    You misunderstood me in this situation we have @제프 Chong who is 16 and @Eclipser who is 17
    Having approximately the same age doesn't mean they have the same "wisdom"( not trying to offence any one you you guys)
    Plus not all the "adults" are mature
    Lets take a 12 young girl who lives in a place destroid by wars and she has a baby (at 12)
    Doesn't this make her wiser then an average 12 young girl ?
    I don't quiet understand your point, Maybe it's your grammar... But! Wisdom comes in all different ways. One person can be more wise in the sense of electronics and another person can be more wise in the sense of human anatomy. Rather than calling it wisdom, I'd prefer calling it experience. To gain "wisdom", you need to experience things or it's just common sense. For example, Everyone has tried something in their life and it didn't work out like he/she planned out, Of course you still have the option to try it again. However most people would base their decision on experience and decide whether to do it or not.
    Last edited by krobin1209; 05-27-2014 at 09:26 PM.

  4. #24
    Red Snail
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5
    World
    Culverin
    Lol, "Boring". HE might be right, but im glad to always see people with smiles!

  5. #25
    Red Snail
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8
    World
    Culverin
    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyMS View Post
    Lol, "Boring". HE might be right, but im glad to always see people with smiles!
    Idk if you're just posting on any thread you can find... However seeing what you said, It seems you didn't read it at all. Just came for posts to level up o-o.

    @rayom
    I totally agree,This section is called Rages and Rants for a reason xD. Plus he's seeking guidance!
    Last edited by krobin1209; 05-27-2014 at 11:31 PM.

  6. #26
    Manon
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    173
    World
    Luna
    Quote Originally Posted by krobin1209 View Post

    I don't quiet understand your point, Maybe it's your grammar... But! Wisdom comes in all different ways. One person can be more wise in the sense of electronics and another person can be more wise in the sense of human anatomy. Rather than calling it wisdom, I'd prefer calling it experience. To gain "wisdom", you need to experience things or it's just common sense. For example, Everyone has tried something in their life and it didn't work out like he/she planned out, Of course you still have the option to try it again. However most people would base their decision on experience and decide whether to do it or not.
    That's exactly what im trying to say (and im sorry for my shity grammar ^^' )

  7. #27
    Red Snail
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8
    World
    Culverin
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilico View Post
    That's exactly what im trying to say (and im sorry for my shity grammar ^^' )
    oooh lol, well then! I guess we're on the same page xD

  8. #28
    Jr. Celion
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    38
    World
    Culverin
    Well....
    I read few of your posts in "Rages and Rants" and every time I find a long but still interesting story and I also have things that I saw in those few post.
    In this post for example u said a lot of times how u don't care about what he said about u but when u say that its sound like u really care what people thinking of u because u say it and "bold" it a lot of time and this something that i saw few times in your post and also I saw in your stories that u constantly doing something that i'll call it "bad" and after it you denies and trying to make an excuse why u did good and the other person did bad and in my personal opinion I think u need to sometimes look about what u did and think if it can hurt someone else(and if it do-NO MATTER WHAT don't do it because u know the consequences).
    And now for the real matter ^_^(I'm sorry that I wrote a wall too and for something else completely)
    U need to think hard and to understand if this kid can really be your friend or he cant.
    After u decide, if u think he cant be your friend just and the so called friendship that u already have with him and move on.
    If u think he can be your friend and it really is important to u that he will be u need to try and do everything u've got because real friendship is important, and the meaning of that is:
    To talk to him about the things that disturbs u and the the things that disturbs him with u.
    After doing so most likely the friendship will go or neutral or positive i cant say that it will go like that in 100% but if u won't get into a fight with him during the talk it should be like that if he wants that friendship too. (this advice is what i would've done if u don't feel comfortable doing so its fine i'm just advising) (that advice is the aggressive way)
    If u don't like being aggressive u can be pretty passive but that mean its not only safe its can be really slow and of course it is not promising u anything.
    U can try and join some of he's activities that u like, and show him your similar parts of your hobbies.
    Also u can make at the room some conversations about things without serious meaning like:hobbies/homework/girls/rages&rants/stupid stuff/TV/computer
    and those things can get u close to him and to better understand he's thoughts and sides.

    I hope i helped and sorry that I wrote to much or if i hurt u somehow(if so it wasn't the meaning at all and I'm really really sorry if i was harsh).
    Hoping for the best!

  9. #29
    Black Mage


    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,289
    IGN
    LumiWJ
    Level
    170
    Class
    루미너스
    World
    컬버린
    The Nice List
Gift received at 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM from Vegito
Message: This is for me finding you helping people in the chat box. Keep up the nice work.The Nice List
Gift received at 12-19-2012, 01:18 PM from Kent
Message: Here you go Chong !Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    Quote Originally Posted by itamarsr1 View Post
    Well....
    I read few of your posts in "Rages and Rants" and every time I find a long but still interesting story and I also have things that I saw in those few post.
    In this post for example u said a lot of times how u don't care about what he said about u but when u say that its sound like u really care what people thinking of u because u say it and "bold" it a lot of time and this something that i saw few times in your post and also I saw in your stories that u constantly doing something that i'll call it "bad" and after it you denies and trying to make an excuse why u did good and the other person did bad and in my personal opinion I think u need to sometimes look about what u did and think if it can hurt someone else(and if it do-NO MATTER WHAT don't do it because u know the consequences).
    And now for the real matter ^_^(I'm sorry that I wrote a wall too and for something else completely)
    U need to think hard and to understand if this kid can really be your friend or he cant.
    After u decide, if u think he cant be your friend just and the so called friendship that u already have with him and move on.
    If u think he can be your friend and it really is important to u that he will be u need to try and do everything u've got because real friendship is important, and the meaning of that is:
    To talk to him about the things that disturbs u and the the things that disturbs him with u.
    After doing so most likely the friendship will go or neutral or positive i cant say that it will go like that in 100% but if u won't get into a fight with him during the talk it should be like that if he wants that friendship too. (this advice is what i would've done if u don't feel comfortable doing so its fine i'm just advising) (that advice is the aggressive way)
    If u don't like being aggressive u can be pretty passive but that mean its not only safe its can be really slow and of course it is not promising u anything.
    U can try and join some of he's activities that u like, and show him your similar parts of your hobbies.
    Also u can make at the room some conversations about things without serious meaning like:hobbies/homework/girls/rages&rants/stupid stuff/TV/computer
    and those things can get u close to him and to better understand he's thoughts and sides.

    I hope i helped and sorry that I wrote to much or if i hurt u somehow(if so it wasn't the meaning at all and I'm really really sorry if i was harsh).
    Hoping for the best!
    It's okay, I quite understand where you're coming from.
    Yeah to be honest as time goes by I try to learn from experiences, and all of them had taught me to take up some responsibility when conflicts happen.
    So yeah, I'm in the process of learning right now.
    Thanks for the advice though, it just clarifies me of my flaws and my faults.
    And sometimes I do care about people's perception of me, especially the negative ones, because negativity spreads fast and I don't want someone I don't know suddenly pointing fingers at me shouting 'You're an asshole!' so I try to give people a good impression, but yeah not everyone is easily satisfied.
    But at least now I'm stepping up to apologise.

  10. #30
    Leafre's Weirdest




    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    624
    IGN
    GyZeroFet
    Level
    200
    Class
    Zero
    World
    Culverin
    chong chong chong

    As much as I hate to say this, but your life is full of drama

    I can't really offer you much, i tend to stay away from people like this. All i can tell you is, there isn't any way to 'solve' this issue if he doesn't correct his fucked up attitude. + you dint do anything wrong. If he doesn't understand what he did was plain childish and idiotic you might as well just leave him alone. Odds are you guys would not be in the same room next year.

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •