For either method, you will be using the following information:
Port: 6667 or leave blank
Of course, there are several IRC programs/apps out there. I will only list the few I recommend
Connecting with a Smartphone
Connecting via Computer
- AndroIRC (free)
- Menu -> Other...
- Type in irc.gamesurge.net
- Once you successfully connect, type /join #Leafre
- Set your forum name with /nick
- AndChat (free)
- Click on the + on the top
- Fill out the information as follows
- Name: Leafre
- Address: irc.gamesurge.net
- Nick 1: nickname
- Nick 2: backup nickname (incase Nick 1 is taken)
- Colloquy (free)
- LimeChat (4.99)
- Nickname: your forum name/nickname
- Under Connect, go to Servers
- Click Add
- Description: Leafre
- IRC Server: irc.gamesurge.net
- Double Click it then press connect
- When prompted for channel name type '#Leafre'
- Fill our your possible nicknames
- Click 'Add' and type in Leafre
- Highlight it then click on Edit...
- Under "Servers for Leafre..." highlight the prewritten server (newserver/6667) and type in "irc.gamesurge.net/6667"
- Click Close
- Highlight it again then click Connect
- After it's successfully connected, a popup will appear
- In the popup, select the second option and type in "#Leafre"