Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 78

Thread: Level Up System

  1. #1
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    IGN
    Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco

    Level Up System

    I think that the level up system should get restricted in certain areas like all the Announcements sectons, the Guides, the Drill Halls, Music & Entertainment, Art and General Discussion (Non KMS).

    Why?

    The announcements sections and all the guides/drill halls get spammed/necro'd for people posting idiotic posts. If they don't get points and still spam like that, it's their fault and then you won't have to infract them all because they're just wasting their time NOT leveling up their accounts. If they are doing something worth infraction, such as mass necro/flooding, then they'll get infracted regardless.

    These next parts may contain errors.

    The Music & Entertainment section is just getting whored for points as well, if you look in there, a lot of it is mindless discussions and or just spam that gets thrown in there because A: It's not in the mindless talk so they get points and B: They can be obscurely referenced to Music & Entertainment instead of being Mindless. Seriously, it's just getting whored.

    You can also attribute that to the Art AND the General Discussion sections, in fact I personally don't think we have any place for a "General Discussion" section as almost all criteria have their own section and the "relevant" threads in that section turn into Mindless talk within the first 2 pages.

    The only problem with these changes is the Art. I know in other forums that people whore art sections, but for good reason. Those people shouldn't be punished. (Not that anyone really cares about level after 10, but... if they want points for the market or something).

    I guess, I'm just trying to restrict ways to get points for under level 10's, if you can do that. It would be amazing and MIGHT lessen the spam that is going around, especially at obscure hours of the night/morning/day where people spam because "they might get away with it"> I'm also at my limit at around this time, so I don't report as much.

    The main reason for why I want it to be restricted is because we, as Leafre, are aiming for a larger community, not people trying to get accounts for themselves so they can test things out and go back to GMS.

    Plus, it lets people look through the parts of the forum that give them knowledge, so they don't go around saying things like:



    Yes, buddy, you did waste our "damn fucking time", have a nice door on the way out.

    tldr; make it harder to get points in the sections that are getting spammed

    Idk if this should be in the Rages/Rants or in the Site Suggestions, but I'll go with Suggestions.
    His tongue was growing hair and his throat was raw, but his cock was as hard as an iron bar.
    ރ" -WolfRaven
    I did it for the cards.
    Please Visit My Blog

  2. #2
    Just Another Randy






    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    946
    IGN
    Constant
    Level
    223
    Class
    NightLord
    World
    Culverin
    Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    Personally, i think that the system should not be removed or editted
    SEVERELY*
    Because i like it the way it is and currently, i think that the mindless talk should be taken up in the chatbox and not in those sections
    The other day, i had people reply to my posts and they were mindless crap that was 100% unneccessary
    we all do that once and a while but i think that the admins should somehow remove all of those people's points if they do go to the extent of serious
    Mindless talk...

    What i mean by that is post and then 5 reply's from 1 person and it simply gets annoying and they dont even deserve those posts or points
    @WolfRaven
    You my friend are one of the few in Leafre who are truely the rightetous one to be a admin
    This community would be better but....
    This is all a matter of opinion and if i spelled anything wrong, my bad because i was in a rush to type this.

  3. #3
    Cygnus
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    842
    Gaming is pointwhored as well.
    I agree with this, so much. I raised you well.
    I'll laugh when people start complaining that they aren't getting levels if this happens, they fucking deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aboveposteris900elo
    I dont think "you fucking suck scrublord, buy some wards and stop feeding like a nubsie-pubsie or I'll skullfuck your dad." is a statement of friendship.
    -/r/leagueoflegends

    Thinking about starting League of Legends?

    Quote Originally Posted by cheesiest View Post
    i'm dumb

  4. #4
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    IGN
    Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression View Post
    Personally, i think that the system should not be removed or editted
    SEVERELY*
    Because i like it the way it is and currently, i think that the mindless talk should be taken up in the chatbox and not in those sections
    The other day, i had people reply to my posts and they were mindless crap that was 100% unneccessary
    we all do that once and a while but i think that the admins should somehow remove all of those people's points if they do go to the extent of serious
    Mindless talk...

    What i mean by that is post and then 5 reply's from 1 person and it simply gets annoying and they dont even deserve those posts or points
    @WolfRaven
    You my friend are one of the few in Leafre who are truely the rightetous one to be a admin
    This community would be better but....
    This is all a matter of opinion and if i spelled anything wrong, my bad because i was in a rush to type this.
    There is nobody to report the people enough, the only people active enough would be both Raul and I, however we're too snarky too become admins.

    Quote Originally Posted by Raul View Post
    Gaming is pointwhored as well.
    I agree with this, so much. I raised you well.
    I'll laugh when people start complaining that they aren't getting levels if this happens, they fucking deserve it.
    But you were gone the entire time! Actually, people are already complaining. Someone joined at around 9 PM KST, iirc, and he spammed everything, like any new-tard to Leafre would do. Right after posting about 15 posts, he posts in the Chatbox saying "DAMN, IT'S SO HARD TO LEVEL". I was too tired to report him, though. :/
    His tongue was growing hair and his throat was raw, but his cock was as hard as an iron bar.
    ރ" -WolfRaven
    I did it for the cards.
    Please Visit My Blog

  5. #5
    Banned

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,032
    IGN
    Ibeatkids
    Level
    177
    Class
    Viper
    World
    Earth
    Gold medalAn ItemSuper Poster
    @WolfRaven and @Raul. Thing is about that, as far as I know (i'll have to check) We would have to remove gaining post count in those sections. Thats the only way to limit the point system. If anything that would be unfair to legit posters. I'll check or @KremeChoco can correct me on this but i'm pretty sure we can't limit by section without removing post count entirely.
    Last edited by Supermarioz5; 03-14-2012 at 10:07 PM.

  6. #6
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    IGN
    Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    If @KremeChoco gives me the source code for the postbit plug-in, I may be able to work something out. Although, I'm not sure if he HAS the source-code.

    And I think what you mean to say is that it's not fair for the legit posters, not that it is fair for them. I already posted that out in my rant, but we have to do something about all these spammers because even if a sliver of them are getting accounts, we're having more and more idiotic people joining KMS and it's becoming a nightmare of redirecting people to the forums, telling them how to level, telling them to stay at a certain place... I digress, because it's true. You end up telling someone to go to Pepe from 30-70, then at around 35-38 they ask where to level, and you say Pepe, then at around 40-43, they ask and you say Pepe, then at 45-48 they ask, and you say Pepe, all the way until about 63 where they either give up and PQ slowly to level or Pepe hardcore and suck it up.

    Yay for run-on sentences.

    EDIT: Brb looking for postbit source. *Waddles away*

    EDIT2: *Waddles in* Not postbit, it's vBExperience. *Waddles away*
    Last edited by WolfRaven; 03-14-2012 at 10:11 PM.
    His tongue was growing hair and his throat was raw, but his cock was as hard as an iron bar.
    ރ" -WolfRaven
    I did it for the cards.
    Please Visit My Blog

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,032
    IGN
    Ibeatkids
    Level
    177
    Class
    Viper
    World
    Earth
    Gold medalAn ItemSuper Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfRaven View Post
    If @KremeChoco gives me the source code for the postbit plug-in, I may be able to work something out. Although, I'm not sure if he HAS the source-code.

    And I think what you mean to say is that it's not fair for the legit posters, not that it is fair for them. I already posted that out in my rant, but we have to do something about all these spammers because even if a sliver of them are getting accounts, we're having more and more idiotic people joining KMS and it's becoming a nightmare of redirecting people to the forums, telling them how to level, telling them to stay at a certain place... I digress, because it's true. You end up telling someone to go to Pepe from 30-70, then at around 35-38 they ask where to level, and you say Pepe, then at around 40-43, they ask and you say Pepe, then at 45-48 they ask, and you say Pepe, all the way until about 63 where they either give up and PQ slowly to level or Pepe hardcore and suck it up.

    Yay for run-on sentences.

    EDIT: Brb looking for postbit source. *Waddles away*
    yeah editted my sentence as you posted this lol.

    edit: As always when this topic comes up, I'm going to say what I always say. There's no 100% way to limit idiots, we just have to kill off them when we get to them or when they act up. We can't make it too hard to get an account because then leafre won't be as active as it is. So yeah, and yeah andy does have the source I believe.
    Last edited by Supermarioz5; 03-14-2012 at 10:10 PM.

  8. #8
    Don't PM me for support.




    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    6,612
    IGN
    Faithen
    Level
    191
    Class
    Zero
    World
    Luna
    Celebrate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermarioz5 View Post
    @WolfRaven and @Raul . Thing is about that, as far as I know (i'll have to check) We would have to remove gaining post count in those sections. Thats the only way to limit the point system. If anything that would be unfair to legit posters. I'll check or @KremeChoco can correct me on this but i'm pretty sure we can't limit by section without removing post count entirely.
    No, it's very possible to limit points depending on section.
    And you know, since I 'revamped' the activity system, regardless that you need to be level 8 instead of 3, it still is much harder.

  9. #9
    Black Mage
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,627
    IGN
    Celebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    Quote Originally Posted by KremeChoco View Post
    No, it's very possible to limit points depending on section.
    And you know, since I 'revamped' the activity system, regardless that you need to be level 8 instead of 3, it still is much harder.
    *10, wasn't it?

    Also, he was talking about restricting points by section AND level.

    EDIT: vBulletin.org is down, methinks. No vBExperience source for me.
    Last edited by WolfRaven; 03-14-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    His tongue was growing hair and his throat was raw, but his cock was as hard as an iron bar.
    ރ" -WolfRaven
    I did it for the cards.
    Please Visit My Blog

  10. #10
    Oz
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    704
    IGN
    AkimboBladez
    Level
    200
    Class
    Not A Luminous
    World
    Luna
    Reborn Master
Gift received at 12-14-2013, 03:59 AM from KremeChocoCelebrate!
Gift received at 08-14-2012, 10:22 AM from KremeChoco
    I still think if no good post history = no KMS acc.
    Solves spam., and probably worse than infractions.
    To me its like a bunny and a carrot. If you throw the carrot, the bunny will case after it thinking that it will get the carrot.
    Though if you take the carrot away, they have no reason to go in that one specific direction (spamming)
    So remove carrot = stop bunny from spamming.
    I think a problem i've seen over the months is that people still believe that singa/nlc/showa/zipangu exist in kms, so i always hear
    "how much are dkahar worth in KMS?"
    "Why are there no jesters"
    "Let's go scar" < this one was made up, but seriously, it could happen

 

 
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •